Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gotta Start Somewhere

This weekend was pretty productive. With a mission in motion and a ton of goals I WILL ACCOMPLISH, I had to start somewhere. MY BEDROOM. I decided to change it around. I'm so used to the same ole comfortable arrangement, I figured because I was on this mission to change my way of thinking and get things moving in my career, on my own terms, my room could use a face-lift. I absolutely love it!!! My bed is now facing my windows which are a pretty nice size. Outside of that window are nice bushy trees to wake up to. It's sort of tranquil. As soon as I wake up, I can see GOD's blue sky and these bushy green trees. Immediately I can THANK HIM for another day. Another day to go at it again. Another day to spend time with family. Another day ... period.

Re-arranging my room was pretty much my day on Saturday. It wasn't a goal I'd previously set, but it became one and I accomplished it. Check! Earlier that morning, I started a couple loads of clothes, dropped off a couple bags of clothing and shoes at the salvation army, went to Fed Ex Kinko's to send off a package and make copies. There, a really nice young man assisted me. I'd seen him the last time I went there. He paid me a really nice compliment. But that day I was looking pretty regular. No make up, a hat, some cut offs and my rain boots. Heyyy, it was raining! But I made it work. We worked up a conversation. I found that he was working on becoming a make up artist and hair stylist. So with my "pursue your dream experience", I put on my "motivation hat" and urged him to "HOLD ON TO IT"! Concieve it, Believe it and you will Achieve it.

Having conversations like that always makes me feel good. Not because I'm motivating someone to go after what they desire but because I was that person and I did it. I have a story to tell. And that feels good to tell a success story. I'm still floating along in my journey, but I have my faith as my life preserver and it keeps me going for it. I want it and I SHALL have it!

Next! The Laundromat Files. LOL. I head to the laundromat to wash two of my comforters. I hadn't been to the laundromat in like 15 years. I go in with my two comforters and I feel like I don't belong. All the patrons were Hispanic. I was a little taken aback. Not because they were all Hispanic but because they were looking at me like "who the heck is this walking up in our laundromat?" LOL. I kindly strolled to the back.

When I get back there, I'm like which one is the dryer and which is the washing machine. It took me a minute to figure it out people and then it took me 5 more minutes to figure out how to use the darn thing. Not to mention, I only had a $20 bill, so I wind up with $20 in quarters. WTH? Finally, after putting in probably too much detergent I get the load going. Then I see a sign that says, "please don't use a lot of detergent because most are double concentrated." OMG. So I tried to scoop some out with the detergent top but it was too big. So I run over to McDonald's (next door) to get a small cup while also ordering a medium fry. Greedy. I run back over to try to scoop some of the detergent out, but it had already gone into the load. :/ Oh well. At least they'll be super clean. :)

In addition, I had to reach for the step stool on top of the machine just so I could put the darn detergent in. As soon as I walked in with my cup, this guy grabs it and takes it to the other side. So I was jumping up and down trying to look in the compartment to see if it had gone in the load yet. This was quite the experience. But I should have things down pact when and if I go again. But the comforters came out great! I couldn't wait to get one of them on my bed in my newly arranged room.

The entire day or weekend for that matter, was not typical. As normally, I'm not on any mission to do anything but sleep...get some rest. NYC wears me out. But I'm excited and whether its putting business plans in motion or moving furniture, my mind was working. Changing my room restored some order in my life but also got me to thinking about so many possibilities. Changing my mindset to change my results.

So whether its convincing someone I just met to go get some business cards made and promote himself as if he's already a fabulous makeup artist and stylist, using a machine I hadn't used in years, or changing my room around so I can wake up to the sky and trees ... I started!

Until Next Time ... JUST START and Go Get IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment