Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Good Service

I go into my first audition today pretty confident ... and I do pretty good. I found out afterwards that they are booking talent today for Thursday. As I mentioned yesterday, I'm already holding for a client I went to see last week. If I've never explained it, when someone places you on hold, it means that you are what they are looking for and you are being highly considered for the job. The job is a good one too ... McCormick Spices.

So I decide to call my agency to find out if I'm still holding for this particular job. I find out I've been released. Like when did you find that out? Hanging on to hope and prayer and these people can't find the time to type an email or give you a call to let you know that you can free your mind because you didn't book the job.

I'm a little bummed, but I can't be consumed with it. I stop by Old Navy to return a swimsuit top I bought for an audition today. I found something better so its imperative I get that money back in my account. It was only $9 but that's a meal, well more like a bottled water in NYC. LOL. Everytime I go into this Old Navy the lines are wrapped. This location is really big so they have registers on all 4 floors.

I find an associate to ask if any of the registers are open upstairs. I'm trying to get in and out. The first girl doesn't know so she asks another associate, and she doesn't know either because "she hasn't been upstairs yet." But she says it with a little attitude as if I, the customer shouldn't be asking her this question. Ok whats wrong with this picture? I wanted to be like BEE-OTCH find a walkie talkie and find out. But I take my little pause before my Ms. Who the Hell Are You Talking To comes out and walk back to the main register and stand in the long line.

It actually moved pretty fast. I was in and out. I also needed to go return a little dress I bought. I was planning on wearing that to the audition as well. I didn't try it on in the store and when I got home, I just wasn't feeling it. Besides I didn't need it anyway. I'm on a mission remember. And that includes not buying anything for at least 2 months unless absolutely necessary. I did, however, keep the necklace I bought. It was only $8. :/ Baby steps people. LOL.

I see the young lady that rang me up yesterday. She looks at me with a smirky smile. Yesterday when she was ringing me up, she asked had I tried on the dress I was purchasing. It was cute. I hadn't but it's not a crime not to. So immediately, she's like "didn't I ask you if you tried on the dress yesterday?" I'm like "I know I know...it just didn't work out". But ummm, who are you talking to? She didn't say it in a mean or negative way, but still. I am the customer. No the customer is not always right. But I've done nothing wrong and Ima need you not to be asking me about what I did and didn't do. Just do the return bama!

She does the return and gives me the receipt with the item returned but not the original receipt with both items. I ask her for the original. Most stores will staple the original with the return receipt. So she's like "you're gonna return the necklace"? Mind you, I have the necklace on. It doesn't matter if I'm wearing the necklace. I want my receipt. Maybe I need it for my records. Maybe I wanna wipe my butt with it. But whatever the reason, I want it and you need to oblige. She does but is marking all this stuff on the receipt. I'm like, whatever makes you feel like you're doing your job lady. An $8 necklace is not that serious.

But what is wrong with people in the service industry? I can't get an agent to update me on a booking, I can't get an associate to check to see if there is a shorter line in another area of the store and I can't frikin get my original receipt? All, which is not asking too much. The agent expects me to update them on my schedule and conflicts and both associates expect me to follow the policies the stores they work for have in place. But I guess everyone's expectations are different.

When I'm done, I head to Starbucks to heal my wounds with a tall caramel frap, light, but still with whip and a pumpkin loaf. I feel better already just thinking about it.

On the way to Starbucks, I get a call from my NC agency. They want to check my availability for a booking on Thursday or Friday. Wow. Look at that! Where one falls, there's another. I have a class and an event lined up on that day but hey, I'll definitely take the booking! See the advantage of being represented in different areas. Increases opportunity! And I likes opportunity. : )

I wanna head to the larger Starbucks on 38th but opt to try the one on 35th. Seating is usually a bit difficult but I was able to find a good spot by the window. I order my caramel frap only for the girl to make a mocha frap. LAWD! But no worries, I wait a few minutes for them to get it right and I land in my blog early today.

I felt it necessary to remind myself and anyone else who may be reading this blog, that whatever service you are offering, make sure you are offering the best. You never know who's watching you or who you're servicing. When you offer the very best, you stand out, even its picking up trash. Love what you do because if you don't, your attitude will reflect it and your opportunities will deflect to someone else who's giving their best.

I have two more auditions to attend. And I'm feeling good! Except I'm sitting in Starbucks and it's pouring. I've really got to trust my intuition. I started to go back and get my umbrella before heading to the train this morning, but I was already running late so I decided to just keep it moving. Now I'll have to spend a few dollars for an umbrella. Luckily, there is a spot directly across the street selling them. I hope it slows down or just stops in the next 20 minutes though. My feet and legs are gonna get soaked.

Until Next Time or Maybe Later... Be Your Best While Going to Get It!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this one Mo. Awesome descriptive writing. You could totally print these and publish a book ... something to think about!

    ReplyDelete