Friday, July 2, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Today was an early start for me. I was determined to be outta NY on the first thing smoking this morning. It's a holiday weekend so everybody and their momma was travelling out this morning. 4th of July in DC is big, I guess. Fireworks on the mall! Bolt bus was completely sold out so I had to opt for the Megabus. The double decker bus that holds about 85 people. I had to leave Brooklyn, well I wanted to leave Brooklyn by 530am. My bus was leaving at 640am. But I didn't leave the house til 5 minutes to 6am. What the heck was I doing? I was speed walking to the train and of course I had to wait like 10 minutes for the 2 train to finally make it to Atlantic Ave to get me to 34th street in time to get to 31st and 8th ave. Luckily, I was staying at my friends house this time instead of my aunts. Atlantic Ave is like 20 minutes from Penn Station. If I had stayed in Flatbush, I would have had to get up like 430am and take a 45 minute ride there.

So I'm waiting for the train, time is ticking. I haven't eaten a thing. All I got is 2 bottled waters I swiped from my friends job and some doritos in my book bag. Too early for the tortilla chips. So I had about 10 minutes to get to the bus before it left. I wanted to hit up Starbucks but everyone knows Starbucks is always off the hook so I opt for a banana from one of the other little stores in Penn Station to tide me over until I get to DC. So I'm booking it to the bus. It's like all of NYC standing there waiting to board. Really? Long story short, I get my seat and one of the standby customers that makes it on, is some little gay guy who is a Drag Queen, because the whole bus had the pleasure of hearing about his evening before. Ummmm its 6am in the morning, it's a little too early for all that boo! You need to drag it down and drag it to sleep please.

Thank God for my ipod! But he obviously was entertaining to the 3 or 4 girls he was sitting by because they were constantly laughing at his stories, which was more noise. Adding fuel to the flame. His friend was more chill, but he gave his little show before we took off. Walking up and down the aisle like he was still performing. Mannnn, I wanted to say can you sit yo' butt down and shut the you know what up.

I guess about an hour into the trip everyone on the bus was knocked out. I woke up briefly after catching my head from falling off the seat. Awwwwww peace and quiet. But once we arrived at the first drop off in White Marsh, Maryland, little man was on again. Cursing, being loud and fabulous. I always wonder how some people don't realize that everyone does not want to be apart of their stories or personal business. Consideration people! It's early. We all had to get up at the crack of dawn to make this bus ride...we just want a little peace and quiet for the next 4 hours. I could not wait to get up off this big yellow and blue box to end this madness going on two seats behind me and get some food!

Me and one of my girls decided to do lunch once I got in, so I waited at the Starbucks for her. We wind up chatting a little over hot and frozen coffee and then heading to this Sushi spot near Chinatown. Our conversations always wind up being about getting out stuff together, re-grouping, being more focused, staying on top of our game and so on.

There, I realized, as I so often do when I'm not feeling my MO-jo, I have really got to get my act together. I was on such a roll in May and June that it seems that since I took my little vacation, the momentum has slowed down or even dropped off. But I'm not claiming that. What you put out, you get back and its apparent that I've not been putting out too much of anything here lately. That's so not cool. So where do I begin. Just do it! And this blog does help. It's a start to put things in motion, but the past few weeks, I've really struggled to push through the down time I had the pleasure of giving myself. But ummm, its time to get this ball back to rolling.

So this holiday weekend, even though I plan to partake in a barbecue or two ; ) and spend some time with family celebrating my oldest nieces' 9th birthday, I've got to get things moving. There's no check coming in every 2 weeks. I've got to go out and get my paper. And that can be frustrating when you're going but ain't getting.

I've got to do better at pushing through the slumps. I'm strong and determined so there should be no issue with me doing what needs to be done. It almost feels like a part of you wants to give up. And I've worked too hard for that giving up pity party business.

So I'm taking my deep breath, holding my head high and pushing toward my goals. Wake up call! We need those ever so often, even when we are doing pretty good. So I'm starting my movement.

Until Next Time ... Get ta Steppin' and Go Get It!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment