Monday, July 19, 2010

Busy Away From Home

I wake up early Sunday morning. Wash, get dressed, grab my bag and head to the 2. There was a train in the station when I got there. When the train pulls out, I take a drink of my water. An older man asks if he can have a sip. Little did I know me entertaining his question would leave to a whole praise and worship service all the way to the 6 train at Fulton Street where I have to transfer.

I entertain him for about a minute, he's going on and on, I reach in my bag and grab my headphones, stick them in and turn on my gospel mix. He proceeds with his sermon, but I tune him out. At least I try. He projects louder and louder. Come on Fulton Street.

My call time for my Target shoot was 830am. It was in Spanish Harlem. East 117th street to be exact. I had to take two trains and journey an hour and half to get there. I actually got there in an hour so I was super early to the store. Better early than late right. The store is not open so I have to call my contact person to have them meet me at the employees entrance to take me back to the holding location. I didn't realize til it was my turn to shoot, that the store is brand new. Not only is it not open due to store hours its not open period. It doesn't open until Wednesday.

The store is huge. It has the grocery section too. I would definitely have a good time in that store. If I'm in any state and I see a Target, I'm going in just because. I just love that store. So I have husband for the shoot. Dante. He's a cool dude. Tall and thin with a mocha complexion. We have good chemistry on the set which the client loves. I also parlay a few questions about how to get the TV and print ads for Target. I mean of course I know...you have to go to a casting and book it...but yall know I gotta take opportunities when they present themselves.

What we were shooting was some internal stuff for corporate. But our pictures were too cute. They've gotta just look at these and wonder why in the world they haven't booked us for some big campaign, right? Let's hope. ; )

The shoot takes 3 hours and I'm out, on my way back to Brooklyn on my little field trip. It's hot as beans outside. I have to walk at least 4 or 5 blocks to the train. I bear the heat and the passes a few men throw at me. I'm like really? This one guy was like "you're so beautiful, oooh and you sweat so good." Really? I wasn't even sweating though. Would someone really feed into that? Just nasty.

I make it back to BK, stop by Starbucks to grab me a marble cake and to Quiznos for the two for 5.99. I get the chipotle turkey sammie with a Cobb salad. Goodness, I tell you. I can't wait to get back to the house to tear it up because I'm hungry as heck plus I'm so exhausted. I eat but don't really wanna take a nap because I have another shoot to get up early for. I want to be dead tired to make sure I can get my butt to sleep. Alot of times its hard for me to get a good night's sleep before an early morning shoot. Anxiety? Anxiousness? I have no idea. But I wind up falling asleep for about an hour anyway. I just couldn't hold on.

Today I have to get up even earlier to catch the talent van in midtown by 615am. The shoot was in Rockland County, NY., about 45 minutes away from the city. We come to this huge property with a big white house on it, a shed that looks like a small house, and then another type of building in back of the shed. We head straight to craft services where I initially order a Turkey bacon and egg whites on wheat toast. But after seeing the pancakes my new husband is munching on, I decide to go back and get one.

The shoot was for a brand video for Tylenol. I had a new hubby and 2 children. A boy and a girl. I've been busy huh? It was a pretty big production to be just a video. But it's likely it will be picked up as a national commercial. We are all crossing our fingers.

Although we get there really early, the actual shoot part wasn't that long. After lunch we are wrapped so we leave the location about 130p. No shoot tomorrow, so I can sleep in later. I have set up a meeting and am working on some other things to maximize my time here. It's all about the maximizing of the time when I don't have any castings or bookings lined up. I'm hoping that's short lived. ; )

In writing this, I'm realizing I need to get to somebody's gym. I haven't worked out in a week. And I've not been eating the best. So in the mean time and in between time, I'll need to schedule some gym time. I've been staying in NY for 8 days now, and and I can't wait til Friday gets here so I can get home to see my family. Just kind of get back to some sense of normalcy. I mean me travelling is normal but I'm usually back home on the weekends. And I miss home. :(

I'm hopeful that this week will pick up. I may invest in a class if there's one that peaks my interest, but I'm going to do my best to stayed occupied. The heat is killing my roots. So may have to stop in to see Gillian down the street for a press and curl. LOL.

I'm tired. I'm gonna read a little and turn it in. I've had the house to myself for as long as I've been here. I've enjoyed it. My aunt will be back tomorrow. YAWWWN! That's my que. I'm out.

Until Next Time...Go Get in some time with Family cause ya never know how long you might have to be gone. ; )

1 comment:

  1. Busy week Mo P, gotta keep trucking because we all know that in this industry the slow periods come just as intense as the busy ones. Singing *Keep on moving!*

    ReplyDelete