Monday, April 26, 2010

All is Not Lost

So I had to hop back on tonight to give you guys a follow up on the casting/callback ordeal I was dealing with last week. You know the one I went through hoops to get them pictures of me with different hair looks because I couldn't make the callback because I was booked for the same day.

Anywho. The client was Celebrity Cruises. It was a two week cruise to Europe. So of course I'm trying to book this one. It's a paid vaca basically. I booked a 7 day job in January for Starwood Hotels/Sheraton in Puerto Rico, so this was right up my alley. I haven't travelled in a while so booking jobs in other countries is sweeeet! And on these trips you have down days as well. So not only would I be doing what I love, I'd be enjoying a nice cruise and the sites in Europe!

Last Tuesday, I get an email from my agency saying that apparently they were still considering me and they wanted to make sure (in general) that all submissions were open to the images being used for another division of the Cruise company. So I obliged and was possibly still in the running. Wednesday, I get an email saying that they would like to put me on hold for the project dates. Which means, for those who don't know, they want me to hold the dates for the project. If another client wants to put me on hold for those dates, they would basically have to get in line. Celebrity Cruise has the first option.

So I'm excited. I'm like all the work I put in to still be considered may actually pay off. My agent let me know that the casting director was really pushing me. She told my agent that "Monique is exactly what they are looking for, but just don't know it". WOW. That's alright. I come across the same casting directors all the time. This was the first time, that I know of that I've ever met Liza. But she obviously saw something shine in me. So Liza, if you ever come across this blog...thank youuuuu! Her persistence in my favor really means alot and shows me that I am truly growing in my career and that my hard work is starting to pay off.

Well there was still hope for me ... until today. I got the email saying that I did not book it. : ( I'm OK with that. Because as I always say, what's for me is for me. Although the rate was pretty good, I would have been gone for 2 weeks. I believe there's a bigger and better job waiting for me during that period. So I have to be available to shoot for it! So no biggie But then about 30 minutes later, I get a call from another agency saying I booked a casting I went on a couple weeks ago for Citibank. So all is not lost.

If you continue to have hope in the midst of disappointment, good things STILL happen. So don't ever get down because things don't go as YOU wish. They go as GOD wishes. HE is the only one who can work it out.

Until next time ... GO GET IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment