Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Friends ... Charity... Celebration

On this journey, I've learned to be selfless. It's still a process. : ) But I've met so many people willing to help me in any way they could. A place to stay. DONE! Food to eat. DONE! Information to guide and further my career. DONE! Putting their name on the line as a reference. DONE!

The kindness they've shown continues to transform me in such a way that I know its important for me to give. Which is why I am taking part in a wonderful project tomorrow that will be a collection of portraits that will be featured in a coffee table book put together by an extraordinary french photographer here in NYC.

In his travels, he has come across the beautiful as well as the destitute. His most recent voyage to Kenya has compelled him to put together this project that will raise money to benefit children there. I am so excited and honored to have this opportunity that I was able to get through a colleague I met on a shoot in January. Thanks for thinking of me Steve!

So no matter how many woes I encounter, the friendships built through this journey outweigh them tremendously. I know my growth has a lot to do with the people GOD has brought and continues to bring in my life. Not only have I gained friendships but so many opportunities.

So along with celebrating good friends, I celebrate the opportunities presented to me today. I booked a national ad for Home Depot and a feature for the national network, TLC. April has started out great. Keep it coming LORD...at your pace, of course. : )

You can trust to put things in GOD's hands but HE does expect you to be proactive. What you put out is what you get in return. Be grateful for good friends and the good things happening in your life and leave the complaining behind.

Look at your current situation. Things could be so much worse ... which is why I am so compelled to give my time to this project.

Until next time...GO GET IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment