Monday, April 26, 2010

On the Road Again

I thought I'd have at least 3 days to chill out a home since I didnt have any castings lined up for Monday. But then on Saturday at 12:51p I got an email for a casting on Monday. I really thought about passing on this one. Because of all the driving I did last week, from NYC to NC, I was just exhausted. Plus, I had so much to do around the house. I still hadn't unpacked from all the travelling I did last week. But my ambition took over and I'm on the bus on my way up to be there.

It's like I never want to stop. I mean I wanna break from it all sometimes. SLEEEP PLEEEEEASE! 3 days, a week even? But I know that I can't stop. I have to keep taking advantage of the opportunities that are presented. Besides it was a request. Which means the casting director specifically contacted my agency for me to come in. So I gotta go.

At first, I used to just be all about making every audition because I'm thinking about the money. And TRUST, every job is not always paying a lot of money, but you want to take advantage of every casting/audition because you got bills to pay. It's a potential job. I must admit, 3 years, 1 month and 17 days into this, I do turn down some castings especially if I'm not already in NY. Some aren't just worth the travel and time for a possibility. If I'm already up, then of course I go to every one. But I am in this because I love what I do. You can't love the money, because #1 the money doesn't love you and #you can't always count on it. You gotta love what you do and who you are outside of money. It comes and it goes. What you want to stick around is the JOY you recieve when you're working or just being the person GOD made you to be.

I didn't get much rest this weekend. I didn't even get to see my family but I did make calls to everyone. Checking in and checking up. It was so good to hear from everyone. Taking in the support and love they always give.

It was a beautiful day yesterday. Today...cool and rainy. It's supposed to be that way in NYC also. But rain or shine, I'm so thankful that GOD woke me up this morning to keep moving on with this journey. Not too many people have the faith, courage or opportunity to pursue the one thing they want to do most in life. I'm not saying this is the end all be all for me, but you get what I'm saying. I'm so glad that I was born into the family I was born into. They are so supportive and truly believe in me. That feels so good and makes this journey so much more easier to continue.

Thanks Fam! You are truly the best!!!

Until next time ... GO GET IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment