Saturday, April 17, 2010

Friday Blues Saturday Moves

Patience is a virtue but DAYUMMMMM sometimes you feel like smacking the HECK outta somebody.

I mean I'm working on patience and boy have I improved. BUT all day I was tested. I'm sure by the time you read this, I've let it go. But people can surely take you "there" if you allow them too.

I mean I find myself talking to myself. Trying to talk to myself out of really going off on somebody. In NY, it seems almost normal that people talk to themselves, so I fit right in. LOL. The look I get from other's is more like "now what's this one talking about." instead of "is she crazy?" LOL.

But along with everything else you deal with in life, you take the good with the bad and you try not to dwell on the bad. DON'T LET OTHER PEOPLE'S NEGATIVITY, INCONSIDERATION, INABILITY TO FIGURE OUT THAT THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND THEM and anything else that totally BLOWS you ... DRAW YOU IN. Take a woo sawwww moment and move on.

Man ole man ... Friday... *sigh* was just whole lot of "not going my way" going on and it wore me out. Not to mention, I had to prepare to work two promo events that evening. I had to take a deep breath and pull it together.

I did manage to get through both events without passing out. LOL. I don't get home til after 1am and am beyond tired but I still go through "my process" to get ready for bed. I hit the bed about 2am and now here I am sitting in the office at my friends body shop getting brake pads and a oil change.

I woke up at 630am this morning. Everything in me wanted to stay in that bed but I had so much to take care of before going back to NYC tomorrow. And this go around I'm driving so I had to make sure the car was good to go. I was planning to go to Midas to get my oil change with my bright yellow coupon but it was way too many people waiting ahead of me. I knew I still had to get my car serviced, but I had to think about this. Was I gonna go back to the Midas, try another location, go to another shop or what? So I decided to hit the grocery store and Target.

TI-YERD!!! My eyes are burning like something terrible, but I have to take care of all the things on my list ... TODAY. A few days ago I let my friend know that I wanted to come by and have them take a look at the car, but he's so hard to catch sometimes. I like to go through him as opposed to just taking it up there, even though the guys know me. I get even specialer (lol) treatment when he's there cause he's the boss.

So obviously, I made it to his shop. And that's where I'm sitting now...wanting to just go lay in a bed somewhere. But after this...the mission continues. Car wash, wash hair, do hair, pay some bills, pack and somewhere along the line, a NAP!

I'm just imagining how much stuff I wouldn't have accomplished had I not got my butt out of that bed. Mind over matter, I guess.

Well, Until Later... Can somebody GO GET me some sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment