Tuesday, April 20, 2010

TLC Shoot/Oh Well

I really thought about writing an insert last night, but I was exhausted from the shoot. It was a long day but I had a great time. Sometimes when we book jobs we don't always know exactly what we are shooting. If you are familiar TLC (a discovery channel network) you know they show a lot of how to's, baby, and makeover shows. The list is longer but just wanna give you the jest. We di a promo to air inside the show "Say Yes to The Dress."

We are portraying "real" brides who are learning make-up tips to get ready for our big wedding day. My name is Trish...lol. So if it looks like me ... it probably is ... lol. Keep in mind I am an actress. But it was fun. We worked with celebrity make-up artist Ashunta and we got to wear some really beautiful gowns. Sidebar: craft service was darn good! For those who don't know what craft service is...its the food provided on the shoot. Sorry, people that "really" know me, know food is my favorite. : ) Anywho, the other two girls on the shoot were great.

Commericals/Promos are usually more time consuming than print shoots as we have to shoot from so many angles for editing.

During the shoot, I got an email from my agency that sent me on the big casting I told you guys about last week. You know the one you were suppose to stay tuned in for the result. The one the client switched the callback date. Well, on last Wednesday before I got the callback the client contacted my agency to see if I had any images with longer hair. I only had a few on my laptop but more on my desktop at home. I wouldn't be home until Friday. So as of course you know, I got the callback. My agency was communicating back and forth about how they could accommodate me for the callback...since THEY changed the date. They considered Skype, but apparently the photographer on the shoot wasn't feeling the idea. They went ahead and scheduled my callback time for 6:25p on Monday ... that was the latest they could see me. Well, the TLC shoot was scheduled to wrap at 6:30p, which it didn't til after 7p, and I was 20 minutes away in Montclair, NJ. So with that information, we knew it would be impossible for me to make this callback. But we never let go of any hope that SOMETHING would work out.

So I thought, when I get back to MD, I'll just take pictures of me in different wigs (I have a gazillion but I only did 5), dress how they want me to dress for the callback and send those over. I even made a sign that said "BOOK ME PLEASE!". I mean now that's effort. Not to mention, I didn't have a lot of time once I got off the bus (which arrived an hour behind schedule). I had to take care of a few errands before I even got to the house and then I had to meet up with one my counterparts to carpool to the event I was working that evening. I mean we (me and my boyfriend) jumped through hoops trying to get those pictures taken and out on that day. I didn't want to wait until the weekend. I wanted them to see how dedicated I was to getting this potential job.

So back to the email my agency sent yesterday while I was shooting. "How's it going?" I wish I could have given him some good news. I even asked him what they thought about the images we sent over. He said, "the casting director said they were good but the client is big into meeting you in person and seeing your personality." I mean I did a sign, which my agency loved, took like 60 pictures in 5 different wigs, had a valid passport, which by the way I forgot to mention, they said it was between me and one other woman that was having issues with her passport ... HELLLLLOOOO PEOPLE ... IM YOUR GAL!!!!! ME OVER HERE. *long sigh*

In addition to being scheduled to wrap at 630p, the TLC shoot was running a little behind. The callback just wasn't going to happen for me. I couldn't even worry about it. The casting director and the client knew that I was booked for the day. So I had to let that thing go.

OH WELL.

Today, I'm moving on. Think I'll go jog it out, work it out, take 2 of these and walk it out .... lol

No castings/auditions today. Pretty easy.

Until next time ... GO GET IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment