Saturday, May 8, 2010

Taking Care

It's been about a week or so since my last insert. Sorry guys. I've been playing catch up with myself.

One morning the week before last, my spirit was a little low. It happens. In trying to pack all my stuff to head back home, thinking about the trek I was gonna have to make with it all, my spirit drew weary and my mind re-acted. In addition to a headache I'd been having for about 3 days and a friend's complaining about nothing, I lost it. Not completely. I needed to shed...some tears that is, and take a deep breath.

I really want to get a space in NY or stop packing so dag on much. I try to have options so I don't have to buy anything. Money is tight and as much as I love to shop, its just not in the budget to do so. But a space to be able to leave stuff and not worry about cluttering up someone else's place and the ultimate, the hassle of asking 'can I stay with you this week' would be ideal. I'm still working on how I can achieve this and not lose my mind in the process.

Granted, last month was GREAT! Work was consistent. So why was I so down? Well I am human. Life is not just about the good things that happen to me but its also about the challenges I endure and how I can work through them and maintain a joyful, healthy mind and spirit.

Work can come sporadically but I still have to have some down time. I actually booked 2 smaller paying jobs this month, but had to turn them down because I had to re-group. Sometimes you just have to take a break. You can't do everything. I have to take care of myself so that I can have longevity in this industry. Then, some jobs just don't make sense. If they are a lower paying job and you have to drive a distance to get there (gas, maybe tolls), minus the commission the agency takes, it's not worth a couple hundred dollars to miss out on some rest and time with family. Trust me I thought both jobs through, but I just had to take one, well 2, for Team Mo!

If I had a place in NY, it might be different. I don't, so I have to work with what I got and take care of me in the process.

I'm just so thankful that I have family and friends that are extremely supportive. But most importantly, I am grateful for the loving GOD that continues to take care of me. And I have to continue to be mindful that HE is in control of EVERY aspect of my life. I have to live by FAITH, not by sight. Just because things aren't happening the way I would like to, doesn't mean they won't ever happen. I am on G. O. D. time. So I've got to learn to get over what's not happening and keep it moving.

May has begun and I've gone on a few castings thus far. A few I would love to book! Although I turned down 2 jobs this month, I'm confident that I will book more. As I always say, "whats for me, is for me!" Let me just add, I don't think any job is beneath me, its just that my well-being is more important than the money. I can't make the money if I'm not well ... mind, body and spirit.

So in the process of "GETTING IT", remember to take care of YOU!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure we aren't related? LOL I hear myself all up and through this posting. Love ya girl...Keep it moving and trust that HE will see you through, as He always does.
    Nik

    ReplyDelete