Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Work it Out

I am TI-YERD yall! Today my legs got a work out. I got to bed pretty late last (Monday) night. I got in town about 7p and arrived in BK around 730p. This time around I'm staying with one of my girls. I was up talking to her and one of her friends that stopped by, who is also in town on his grind. He's a DJ. For those who don't know, DJ'ing is one of my "little" dreams. I love music and have gotten a few parties started. LOL. I have a name and everything yall ... its top secret so don't even ask. But maybe one day I'll be able to parlay my way into somebody's DJ booth and spin a couple records, or is it cd's or maybe just pick some songs from Itunes. LOL. Boy things have changed. But my possibilities are limitless right? wicky wicky wicky wicky (me scratching) LOL.

Anywho, I didn't get to bed til about 12am and woke up about 6am this morning to prepare to take a run in the Boerum Hills area of Brooklyn. We started with a power walk. Normally, I just run. But I decided to take part in my girlfriends workout regimen. Ok, power walking really is a workout! Running is easier to me. So I decided after we walked a few blocks to finish out with the run. I got back to the house, stretched, did a few crunches and proceeded to get ready for my day.

I had 3 auditions today. In addition to that, I had several errands I needed to run. Because I'm on a tight budget, and I like to get my exercise on, I walk pretty much everywhere once I get into the city. And boy did I walk it out. After I got off the train to my first casting which was on W18th, I walked to W29th to my second casting, then to W34th to Macy's to kill some time before meeting up with a friend for lunch. After lunch, I walked to W27th to my last casting, then to W36th to pick up a copy of a commercial I did, then to W53rd to return some sunglasses that broke after two weeks of buying them, (I think that just meant I shouldn't been buying them in the first place : / ) ... then back down to W16th to hang out with another friend before heading back to BK. Now keep in mind, I didn't include the avenues. I was between 5th and 8th avenues throughout my travels. The streets aren't bad, but those avenues can get you.

I wanted to just come in and take it down but I had to put in an entry. Trying to stay as consistent.

I'm so glad that you all are checking back in to see how things are going, what I'm venting, crying, or shouting about ... lol. I appreciate the love dahlin's! But what I don't appreciate is COMPLAINING, UNGRATEFUL, ATTITUDINAL, BRINGING ON THE DRAMA, DRAINING, ALWAYS KEEPING SOMETHING GOING PEOPLE!*

We all make decisions to do things. After making those decisions, we have to deal with whatever consequences comes from that decision ... good or bad. But yo' butt made the decision. How you gonna get mad at the decision you made. Were ya not sure in the first place? Disappointed O.K. But ummm, deal with it and move on with your life cause dag on it, its too short. It's already May, soon it'll be Christmas and you still talking and complaining about could've, would've, should've, he said, she said, my momma said ...

Now, I'm not saying I've never been any one of the adjectives above, but at some point in my life I had to give it up and turn it lose. I had to stop allowing people to suck me in, drain me and absorb all my energy, positivity, love, kindness ... anything good in me ... that includes FAMILY!

Don't allow what people have done to YOU spill over, i.e. enter other people's lives. If you can't control how you feel because someone pissed you off, something didn't go your way, people aren't acting how YOU think they should be acting OR whatever the case may be, please deal with it or stay the heck away from those who are trying to progress in a positive flow.

I had to take a long hard look at my life. How I was being affected by other's actions and how my action's affected other's. Sometimes you lose sight of yourself and sometimes you lose friends. Losing friends is a part of life, but losing yourself can be tragic. So I decided to work on ME and gained some new friends in the process. I can't change how other people act, but I can certainly change how I act. I made a decision to be better and to do better. It's a process but I'm willing to go through it to be a better me. And hopefully, be an example to other's. Sidebar: OOOOH People will try you though!

Until then, GO GET YOU SOME G.O.D. and work on being better!

*I'm not saying we shouldn't or can't vent. That happens. It's normal. But be more aware of how often you let things bother you and how it affects the people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment