Monday, May 24, 2010

Moving Along

this weekend was nice. It always seems to go by so fast, especially when I know I have to head back to NYC. The week before last, I went on 4 castings. I booked 3! Unbelievable! I got the call on Friday, that I'd book the 3rd gig. I was headed home on the bus so I couldn't quite jump up and do my celebration dance. But GOD got the glory. HE just keeps moving in my life, continuing to guide me, give me strength, and be my salvation. He weeds out all the nonsense, keeps me focused and grounded and moving onward.

Even though REST is often on my mind for the weekends, it seems to rarely happen. I had every intention on going to my niece's track meet but when I found out it started at 7am ... ummmm that was a negative. My mind wasn't having it. It already made the decision that we probably wouldn't make it. Rest was on the agenda!

I did go over Friday afternoon and played with her, my oldest niece and my youngest nephew for a little bit. I got a little hopscotch, bike riding and jumping like a rabbit in. LOL. Saturday....what the heck did I do Saturday? WOW. See how fast the weekend goes. It's a total blur. I remember taking care of some paperwork and running some errands, but the morning ... oh I went to the gym! I also attended a day party for a friend fighting breast cancer. It was really nice an she looks really good. A good crowd came out to support and I got to catch up with many people I hadn't seen in a while, including one of my best girlfriends.

Sunday, me and my family headed to the nursing home where my uncle resides to attend a celebration for his 60th birthday. Every time I visit there, it does something to me. Seeing some of the elderly there and how they seem sad and alone, makes me feel so bad. Of course, I'm not sure how they feel, what their lives were like, or what their ailment is, but I've heard so many negative things about nursing homes, that I automatically feel saddened.

A simple "hello" lights them up. I ran into a woman in a wheelchair, which by the way, everyone is in one. She was sitting in the hallway near the restrooms. I said hello to her, asked her if anyone was inside and she said no, you can go. I struggled to open the door but with her direction, it popped right open. When I finished, she was still sitting there, as if she was guarding the door, or waiting for me to come out. I asked her how she was doing and complimented me her on the throw she had her across her. She was a little frail white lady with teeth that looked as old as her, but she was cute and nice. She asked me where I was going looking so pretty. I chuckled. "I'm here celebrating my uncle's birthday", I said. With excitement, she exclaimed, "oh how nice." We chatted for a few minutes and then I had to go. We were wrapping up the celebration and were about to head out.

I saw cousins and uncles I hadn't seen in years. We shared stories, laughs and love. Makes me hope that the others that reside in that home are able to share days like that with their families. That they weren't just dropped off and left to die alone. Being there always does something to me. But it makes me realize how fortunate my family is. That we have a bond that even if we don't talk or see each other for years, we can pick right up where we left off. No love lost. Everyone seems to be doing pretty well, health wise. And that's rich!

I'm on the bus now, headed up. An early day approaches me. Only 2 trains tomorrow but a long day. A 10 hour day is scheduled and tonight I need to really push myself to get to bed early and to SLEEP!!! We'll see how it pans out.

Until then ... GO GET IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment