Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Busy Busy ... Good GOD!

Well folks, its been just a little while since I last blogged. I started a draft last week and it was just all over the place, so I decided to wait until I felt more together about what I wanted or needed to say. I'm on the bus headed up top to stay in BK at my aunts this time. I just got finished eating a turkey pastrami sandwich with some honey BBQ chips. Courtesy of Chef Mo! ; ) Got me some trail mix, some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and a bottled water. Which will probably all be gone before I even get to NYC. Terrible : / Just greedy! But if you've never rode the bus, its a MUST to bring snacks or you will be hungry then mug! Those not from the DC area, like a mug is something we say. I have no idea what it means really. Cause I mug does not get hungry. : / DC/Metro area Slang go figure. But it means you'd be really hungry tho. LOL. Moving on ...

I must say, the month of May has turned out to be quite busy. The promotional events have been in quantity and aside from the two jobs I turned down earlier in the month, I've booked 2 jobs shooting this week! They say it takes about 3 to 5 years to really start to see your business take off. Well if this any indication, I'm ready for the ride. I just hope I hit it before the 5 year mark ... but it's not my call. So let me just be quiet and be grateful.

GOD has truly been looking out as HE always does. Staying faithful, steadfast and consistent always brings about more than I ever expect. It can be overwhelming sometimes. Even surprising.

Yes, I am working but not necessarily booking the clients I would like. Trust me I'm not being picky. Work is a job and a job is paying the bills. I'm just saying when you're in this business, you have goals not just to book work, but to book work that could potentially be career changing ... a promotion in a sense. But in HIS time.

What I've realized is that his journey is not about the jobs I've booked or will booked. It's not about the money I've made or will make or about the bills I'll be able to pay or the material things I'll be able to buy. It's about becoming the person GOD wants me to be. It's about building character, helping others and creating relationships. It's about sharing GOD's spirit and love with others and making a difference.

I know I can get quite spiritual on you. But this journey has done quite a number on me. In a good way. So in this blog, I have to continuously remind myself how good HE has been to me so that no matter how many downs I experience I will always prevail. Everytime. But I also remind you so that you know the same for yourself.

I know life can get busy, but continue to thank HIM. If your in the car, on the toilet, washing dishes...there's not specific place you have to be in to chat it up with HIM. He hears you.

So on this bus riding up to NYC, I thank GOD for all HE has done and will continue to do in my life. HE truly is GOOD.

I get into NYC at about 845p but the way this driver is rolling we may make it in a little earlier. Then I hit the 2 train to Flatbush to lay it down and prepare for my shoot tomorrow. My call was moved from 1030am to 1230p so I can sleep in a little. However, on Thursday, my call time is at 6am. I say I'll be hitting the bed quite early tomorrow evening. *Yawn* Maybe I'll take a lil nappy pooh before I hit the pavement. Good Evening.

Until Next Time ... Go Get IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment