Thursday, May 20, 2010

YAWWWWN ... AHHHHHH!

340AM!! That's the time I got up this morning. My call time for my shoot today was 6am! Yesterday was a breeze! 1230p call time. Make up artist started me immediately and then it was time for lunch. WORD? And it was the bomb too ... and healthy. After lunch, got my make up retouched, goT on set and knocked it out in 30 minutes. A 5 minute break for the photographer, client and producer to look at the images turned into, 'Monique, you're DONE!!!! Say Whaaaaaaaat? Sweeeeet! Two hours and I was out!!!

Instead of messing around in the city, I decided to head back to BK to just chill out. I knew I'd have to get to bed early so I could get my butt up to catch the train at 430 in the a.m. So I did some work on my laptop, ate dinner, watched the tube for a bit and drank two cups of sleepy time tea to help me into LA LA land. I was trying to get to bed by 8am. But 8am turned into 930am into too late to get a good nights sleep. : (

My aunt was watching a recap episode of America's Next Top Model and I got caught up. I saw some of the earlier episodes of this season but I don't quite keep up with the show like I used to when it first aired.

So I FINALLY hit the futon full of sleepy herbal goodness and I COULD NOT GET TO SLEEP! It's something about having to get up so early that your mind is on some kind of overload ... or something. My mind and heart were racing. WTH? Can I please just get 5 hours of sleep. I drank so much tea and water before I went to bed, I kept getting up to use the bathroom, the negroes outside were hooping and hollering about nothing, and in the apartment building you can hear every door open and close, every squeak and conversation. Babies crying, kids running across the floor ... so I decided to get my ipod. Maybe so silky tunes would help tune out the noise outside and in my head.

Thirty-two minutes in and I had use the bathroom again it was over for the tunes. I found myself singing along with the dang on songs. Not focusing on sleep at all.

The pillow I have with my bedtime ensemble (2 flat sheets, a comforter and a pillow covered in a satin pillow case) is sort of too fluffy. I like to sleep on a flatter pillow or no pillow at all. When I was going to the chiropractor, the doctor suggested that a bigger pillow could cause back issues because your body isn't' laying evenly. So laying that way can create pressure on your neck and back.

So opted to sleep without it. Maybe that was the issue because as soon as I made the decision to give the pillow another chance, I was off to sleep. But not for long, because as soon as I knew it my alarm on my phone was vibrating and I was BLOWN. Time to get up already?!

I guess my brain needed something soft and cushiony to calm whatever was going on in my head. I'll know better next time. And of course, I'll be knocked out tonight for the lack of sleep I got last night. Oh well...such is life. I'm working and it if that means losing a little sleep then so be it. A friend once told me 'you can sleep when you're dead!' LOL. That maybe true, but I'd like to get some while I'm still breathing so I'm not going to shoots and auditions looking like a zombie. : ) But hey, I get. But I needs my beauty sleep. Hehehe.

Off to the trains. I had 3 to take today. The 2 from Flatbush to Atlantic Ave, the Q from Atlantic to 14th St/Union Square and then the L from Union Square to 1st Avenue. Now you see why I had to get up so early. My commute would take about an hour. Less if the trains were running a little faster. It seemed like every train took forever to come. And that early in the morning, time goes extremely slow.

The shoot was in the East Village. We shot at a little Cafe called Cafe OST. They provided a mobile trailer for us to eat breakfast, get into wardrobe and hold us until it was time to shoot. This shoot was for a product for patients with MS. It hits close to home for me because one of my best friends was diagnosed 10 years ago.

There was 3 of us on set. Two really cool young ladies. Shikira from Jamaica who's part Jamaican and part Chinese and Sara who's Persian and was also on Season 2 of America's Next Top Model. We all seemed to really click. But this shoot was a little special as the stars were two other young ladies who actually have MS. Elizabeth from Connecticut and Missy from Alabama. I especially connected with Elizabeth and was able to talk to her about her experience with the disease and share my own personal story about my friend who shares the disease.

We wrapped at 10am. Another short day! So Shikara, who I really connected with as well, and I decided to go grab a more healthier bite at a little cute place 2 blocks from the shoot location. The breakfast they provided was kind of greasy. There was a really good fruit cup but I didn't eat well. We would have loved if Sara joined us but she rolled out. She didnt even say bye. DANG Sara! Guess she somewher to be. I did happen to get a little scoop on her experience with the show and that Ms. Tyra Banks. SMH. I ain't one to gossip so you won't hear it from me.

On our way to eat, I email all my agencies to update them that I'm done with my booking and if they have any castings they want to send me on...I'm available. Still gotta grind. I get one hit for the day and head there after I fill my stomach with a tasty bacon, spinach and egg white sandwich and a waffle with whip and strawberries I share with my new buddy. DE-LISH!

It was so nice today. After a few days of clouds, rain and wind it was refreshing to see and feel the sun. But I was TI-YERD! I decided to head back to BK and lay it down. I attempted to get an appointment to get my hair trimmed but the stylist I wanted to get an appointment with couldn't provide the service I needed so it was back to the crib. Once I got back there, I remembered my aunt was going to get her hair done so I texted her to see if I could get in to see her stylist.

She checked her stylist's availability and I had an appointment. Siced, because she did such a great job. And she 2 blocks from the house. IDEAL. I am extremely picky about who cuts my hair. As long as someone can cut it, I can style it.

I had a casting for tomorrow but because it shoots on a day I'm already booked, I had to turn it down so its back home on the early bus! My aunt is coming down as well. The lady I call my aunt is actually my sisters mother-in-the-law but its so much easier to call her my aunt. Sooo gotta go pack up cause its another early morning rising for me ... I'm sure to be sleep on the bus. Im looking forward to this weekend too. No work! And the weather is going to be really nice.

I'll be attending an event on behalf of a friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer, attending my oldest niece's track meet, probably cleaning the house, getting some rest, taking care of a few important administrative things and looking forward to a productive week next week. OH and tomorrow is my sister and mother's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAMILY! Love Yoouuuu. So they'll be a couple more things going on. My uncle's birthday is also this weekend so I believe we'll be heading up to the nursing home to have a little celebration with him. : ) Niiiice.

Until next time .... GO GET IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment