Thursday, March 3, 2011

Staying Productive

The industry has been slow and so was I all last week ... literally.  I mean I was so lazy and un-motivated. I wasted so much time lying around, watching television, texting, bbm'ing, on the computer ... and not doing any "WORK"! Like seriously, it was just ridiculous.  No one can afford to waste time.  As we all really notice as we get older, time waits for no one. You don't have many windows of opportunities so we should always be prepared and on our game.  TRUST, that the next person who wants it as bad as you do ... Will be.

So this week, with a few auditions under my belt, I am in full motion, at least STARTING tasks and working on getting them DONE.  I have so many so I have no excuse NOT to be busy! Speaking from a model/actress standpoint, the work doesn't stop just because you booked a few big jobs.  You have to constantly keep current, fresh, fit, healthy, prepared and on top of your game!  There's no way around it because one can get lost in the shuffle and slowly die out because someone else is doing all it takes to be successful. "Success doesn't depend on our circumstances, but on overcoming our circumstances. I've overcome this dry period and am ready to make it rain yall! LOL.

I AM A BUSINESS. A BRAND.  And until I can afford a publicist or PR rep, I have to put in all the work necessary to make things happen.  Yes, its been slow, but it doesn't mean I have to adjust to the industry. Im just "in" the industry, the industry isn't "in" me.  I won't allow the industry to dictate my mood, progress or productivity.

I can't quite pin point what lit the fire under me, but GAME ON!  Model, Actress, Host, PR Rep, Publicist, Administrative Assistant, Hype man, Trainer, Nutritionist, Spiritual Friend, Yoga Instructor, Driver ... It's all me! And Im ready!

Keep the course. Keep Focus. Keep Consistent. Keep Current. Keep Faithful. Keep PRODUCING!!!

Until Next Time ... well ... you know what to do! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment