Sunday, March 27, 2011

Check Please!

The sometimes unfortunate side of the industry I'm in is that payment for a job can come months...and months away from the day you actually did the job.  Its fortunate to know that you have money coming but when is it coming.  Its so important to be smart about managing your money.  Or you can end up robbing Peter to pay Paul.  And that's a bummed feeling.  I always try to stay on top of my bills but that can sometimes be a challenge when my wages aren't coming in as quickly as I hoped.

I reach out to Mr. and Mrs. Agency inquiring for an update or status of when I'll be paid.  And you get "oh the client pays slow", or "I'll touch base in a few days", or "I was unable to get in touch with the client" ... the excuses are surmountable.  But what can you do really, is keep on top of them and wait!  As you realize this pattern, you have to extend your funds the best way you know how so that you are able to stay afloat when payments are not coming in as quickly as you like. 

Today when listening to my Pastor preach his current lesson in the TRUTH, I realized what I already knew, that the facts are just that...the facts. I may be late on a bill, I may be dealing with a health issue, I may be dealing with relationship/friendship drama, my car may be acting up ... these are the facts. And those facts can depress you, discourage you, leave you without hope and draw your strength away from you.

But its important that we shift our focus from the facts to the TRUTH.  And the truth is that GOD is always faithful and he strengthens us. "no weapon formed against me will prosper!"  I must continue to walk in that TRUTH so I am never discouraged about the things, "the facts", happening around me.

GOD's MENU:
The TRUTH is LIFE.
The TRUTH Encourages.
The TRUTH is Powerful.
The TRUTH Equips.
The TRUTH Prepares.
The TRUTH is LOVE.

When you've digested this,  You'll be ready to say Lord God, CHECK PLEASE!

Until Next Time ... Trust in GOD and KEEP WORKING not for the checks, but IN THE WILL OF GOD.  Your money will come, bills will be paid, nonsense will be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment