Monday, February 21, 2011

IM BOOKED!

The industry has been quite slow.  Talking to my fellow actors and models, its not just been slow for me but them as well. It seems more of what's going on in the industry and not my lack of talent or how I look. However, I have been on quite a few auditions and the bookings aren't coming in as much as I would like. But that is the nature of the business.  You would think I'd be used to it by now. But eventhough I understand it, your mind can start to play tricks on you and send you spiraling down into a less than confident, worry wart.

In the last month or so, I've created a mini library for myself. When I was younger I used to read alot, I even created a book in class for a project. I got so many wonderful reviews on that book.  I guess that book rooted my decision to major in journalism.  I've written poetry also.  So this down time has brought me back to that creative side of myself.  I've been reading a lot more. Delving into scriptures, self-help, daily regimens as well as journaling and trying to stay on top of my blog.

I have so many books to read now, I'm not sure if I should just try to get through one or give them all some amount of my attention on a daily basis.  Now my major was in BROADCAST journalism, so the television can somewhat stand in the way of the reading I should be doing.  As I'm entering this blog, the TV is on. But I am getting better.  Some of the books I've tried to read in the past just didn't seem to keep my interest, but I'm sure life and maturity are helping me to realize that there's so much more to know that's NOT on the tube. Circumstances create creativity. They can open your mind to so many other possibilities and down so many other roads.

I'm enjoying this down time ... somewhat : ) It is a wonderful thing to have knowledge of so many new things.  To disagree, agree, ponder, use or share all the letters, words and meanings your mind is taking in.  Sometimes I wonder how will I remember all of this.  I write notes and highlight.  But I believe I will remember whats important to my life and my circumstances.

Even though I'm not booked working, I am booked with reading! Reading is fundamental ya know. ;)

Until next time ... Go get a good book ...  use your down time wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment