Sunday, October 30, 2011

H E A L I N G

Sometimes you don't know how to put into words how you're feeling or what you're going through but every so often a song comes along that expresses exactly what you're going through.  Music speaks to us in a way that speaks immeasurable volumes.  It helps us get through, helps us move on or transform. It can make us happy, sad, vulnerable but is a gift, in my opinion, to our souls.  A more special, unique way that GOD communicates to us.  There is a song that communicates to all of our emotions ... we can all find one.

Sometimes you don't want to talk to a friend, a pastor, counselor or therapist.  You want to just get through your battle with GOD by your side and a song in tow!  Maybe you don't know how to best communicate to GOD. Maybe you think there is some special way you have to.  You just say it. There is no script.  No rehearsal.  Just say it .... shout it ... maybe even sing it.

Without going through the few things I'm dealing with, I wanted to share this song that really spoke to   my spirit.   A calling out to want to be the person GOD intended me to be.  Finding myself back to ME.  The whole me.  To being sure about myself and the decisions I make.  Dealing with mistakes and regrets as a learning experience and not a reason to beat myself up.

I love this song by Jill Scott.  A great interpretation of how I feel some days.  But an indication that I am not alone.  That we all need GODs help to get through.  To deal. To heal.

Until Next Time ... Whatever you're going through, find your song back to YOU.  Things do get better.

1 comment: