Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In the FAST Lane

Last month, I decided to fast from watching television for an entire week.   In light of things not going as I would like them to go, I figured I remove some distraction and just focus on hearing GOD.  The television is so addictive and can put you so far off track that you lose so much time watching the same stuff that comes on all day every day. 

The time encouraged me to start reading a book I'd started reading earlier this year and because something crazy was going on with my ibooks application on my Ipad, I hadn't quite re-visited  it to figure out what the issue was. I thought about buying the hard copy in the store but never got around to it.  So finally, I decided to download the Kindle application to my Ipad and buy the book again.  I've yet to finish it but I'm much further along than I was from the first time I started reading it.

Not had I started reading one book but another that a friend had written. I was forced to answer questions about my life and my career.  About friendships, activities and things that seem to be keeping me from living and loving wholeheartedly.

Practicing self control is important to me and important to receiving the full Blessings GOD has for me.  Fasting seemed to help me stay the course.  Focused.  Determined. Sound.  Open. So I'm making a commitment to GOD that I will fast at least once a month. Whether its for an hour, a day, a week, or the entire month. I believe the commitment to fasting will strengthen me in my trouble areas and avoiding distractions and bad habits won't become second nature.

I want to respect the person I am and continue to improve and mature into the woman GOD intended me to be.  It's important to me that HE knows that I am trying. Not just saying that I'm trying but actually making a conscious effort, taking physical steps to show HIM that I am serious about our relationship.

Until Next Time ... When things are stagnant or slow and not moving the way YOU would like, get in the FAST lane.  GOD will write you a ticket you can't refuse. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment