Monday, August 22, 2011

POWER in Numbers

It's amazing to me how GOD works.  How HE allows certain things to happen in your life. Putting you in certain situations that may turn out to be life changing.  I'm not sure what the future holds, but after a friend put together a group of women, including myself, to help push, promote, encourage and pray for each other ... the possibilities are endless.

It just goes to show how working together ...  BUILDING...  is more beneficial then just trying to go it alone.  Often times, Ive been asked how I deal with competition.  And I've always answered, I don't consider my counterparts competition, or anyone for that matter.  Because what GOD has for me, will be.  And no one can take that away from me.  And vice versa.

It's widely known that black women often times don't support each other.  We tear each other down. Exude jealously and envy. Traits that are unattractive and can be detrimental to our careers and friendships ... Life in general.

So after having such a successful second meeting of our creative group, it was apparent that GOD was all up in there. HE always is though. ; )  Everyone is so talented, beautiful, smart and ambitious. But we can all use some help staying consistent, focused and on top of our games.  But more importantly, we realized how as a unit we are stronger and a force to be reckoned with.

Not just black women, but all women need to work harder to find out how they can work together to build successful personal and professional relationships.  You'd be amazed how collectively, you can build upon each other and increase each others value.

Until then ... thanks for the motivation ladies!!! A fire has been lit and my thoughts are blazing!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this entry it's sooo true.. I was in an audition 2day and a beautiful black woman walks in, i smile at her and the first thing she says is.. Wow, your inviting, i didn't expect that. :-/ SAD,on so many levels.. When I look at you I see me and thats encouraging. Beautifully written and best of luck with the group, im sure you guys will move mountains

    ReplyDelete