Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Humble Beginnings

I know I know. I've been slacking on the blog entries.  Just been kind of unmotivated and lazy.  After a slow period in the industry, a wonderful vacation, visits home to Maryland and some other things in between, I just completely got out of the loop.  But I'm starting to move and get busy.  Slowly but surely.  It's been 4 years and 5 months since I decided to quit my 9 to 5.  And from reading my entries, you know what I've endured, a bit financially, some personally but more professionally.  One of the weekends I went home, I came across a poem I wrote when I first started out on my journey.  I thought this would be a great way to jump back in.  Enjoy.

MY DESTINY

Did I make the right decision?
Quitting my 9 to 5 to enter this world of indecision
Thought my looks would get me right in the door
But in this industry
It takes so much more

You gotta have more than just talent
But IT!
You have to be just what they are looking for
All that and a bag of chips

This is harder than getting up to a job I use to hate
But this is my calling, what I've dreamed of doing
My fate

No one believes in me more than myself
But constantly being let down
Doesn't help

Beating the pavement to castings and auditions
Crossing my fingers
Saying prayers, in addition

Everyday running to my mailbox
Looking for a check, some money, some dinero
And all I get is junk and envelopes
With statements showing how much I owe

Leaving that consistent pay check
Am I stupid?
Why would I leave that security?
OH, that's right ... I decided to see out the plan
GOD has for me

Right now I'm living on hope and my dream
That one day I'll see my face on a billboard
Big or small screen

I can't give up now
I refuse to let "NO" tear my soul up
Just because,
A couple of doors shut

Naw, Blessings are what they are to me
Because if I didn't get that job
It just wasn't meant for me

I know I have to work harder
To see this through
If I don't work damn hard for myself
Than who?

I will stay focused
Keeping my eyes on the Prize
Even if they fill with tears
I'll continue on my grind

This business IS taking its toll on me
But this is my calling, what I've dreamed of doing
My Fate
My Destiny

Until Next time...remember where you were and how far you've come. HE didn't bring you this far to leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment