Friday, December 30, 2011

On Assignment

This month has been extremely busy for me. The auditions and jobs were pouring in and it was probably the busiest month of the year for me and I'm almost certain it may have been the busiest month since I've been in the business.

I recently traveled out of town for a job. In that town I have a friend I met a year ago on another job that also shot in that same town. We decided we were gonna try to make some time to get together while I was there. And we did.

I'm so happy we were able to get in few hours and catch up. But I have to say in one moment of talking with her I realized something. That this trip was more than me booking the job I was there to shoot, but I was sent on assignment.

There were several roles this client was auditioning talent for. I actually auditioned for two different roles. But not initially. It wasn't until the callback that I auditioned for the role I first auditioned for then the casting director asked if I could stay another minute to audition for another role. So I was like sure.

The additional role I auditioned for was originally for two Caucasian women. However, they wind up mixing it up and booking me with a Caucasian women. So not until our conversation was it all being made very clear to me. That GOD set this whole thing up. I was really here on assignment.

She has been going through a very difficult time with her relationship and friendships. It was sounding all too familiar to me but GOD knew the things I had gone through in the last year would definitely help her through all that she was going through right now.

Man I just had to smile because GOD is something else. Sometimes we get so caught up in our stuff that we don't realize the bigger picture of it all.  We all have to go through trials so that we can be a testimony for others. Sometimes we think its just us doing our thing, making things happen cause we are working so hard when really  its GOD lining things up, putting things in motion, picking the players, rearranging parts and creating HIS masterpiece.

She was able to take away some good lessons and advice for all that she is dealing with. GOD already knew last year what I was gonna be going through this year so I could help her in the new year.

My dear friend, if you read this, which I know you will ; ) , I am praying for you. TRUST and have FAITH. GOD wouldn't bring you TO it, if HE couldn't bring you THROUGH it. Love ya!

Until Next Time ... The sentiment above is for all of you as well.. GOD is always up to something for the greater good.  If you are struggling with a situation, your career, a friendship or relationship, know that you are exactly where GOD wants you to be.  He is preparing you for your next assignment. Make sure you are taking notes, you'll need to refer back them at some point.

GOD Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Monique, great post. It's so hard to see the lesson while you're going through the storm. I myself have to remember to stop and receive it sometimes myself. It's always a blessing when I do and it's like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I always have to believe that God wouldn't put me in certain situations if he didn't think I could persevere. I needed this post today! Be blessed! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete