Monday, December 12, 2011

Going Out With A Bang

As the year comes to a close, as you can see I've had much to say about my FAITH, having FAITH, being FAITHFUL and staying FAITHFUL.  There is much to say about me sustaining almost 5 years in the modeling and acting industries and being quite successful, keeping my head on straight and maintaining my FAITH in the process.

I've learned the importance of fasting, letting go of unhealthy relationships and not beating myself up about it, realizing that I have GOD appointed assignments that require me to stick around longer than maybe my flesh would like to,  processing situations before I react personally or negatively, loyalty among friends, support without judgement, and doing what I say I'm going to do .. following through, even if I'm dead tired or have a million things to do.

I'm sure all the above will be a constant in my life but sometimes certain aspects are made more clear at a certain time. In GOD's time, of course.

So only a few weeks left in the year and I must say it has been a roller coaster ride. This month alone was overwhelming.  Lot's of auditions happen the early part of the month because clients/advertisers are trying to close out their budgets before the end of the year.  In one week I had 7 clients interested in booking me.  Keep in mind all of these clients were shooting in or around the same week.  So I was holding each client with options.  Let me explain. In the past, I explained to you that when a client places you on hold, they are highly considering you for the job, i.e print job, commercial, etc.

So the first client that calls, gets the first option, the second that calls, gets the second option, and so on and so forth.  Each basically has to wait in line until the days are released by the one ahead of them.  Most of the clients had me holding the entire week because they had not yet nailed down the day of their shoots.  A couple knew exactly what day. In all this happening, was just more proof of how GOD works, how good HE is and the FAVOR HE has over my life.  I mean seven clients in one week!  If you know this industry or anyone in it, that's pretty big!

I knew that I wasn't going to be able to do them all, as some jobs may have shot on the same day or overlapped.  But my chances were good.  But then I remembered who I serve and realized that really if GOD had it in his plan for me to book them all, that HE was the only one who could make it happen.  So I just sat back and let him work.

My dad called me on a Wednesday to ask how I was doing and I told him I was Blessed. He said "you already know you're Blessed ... you have Grace."  If you look up the word Grace is means: A MANIFESTATION OF FAVOR, ESPECIALLY BY A SUPERIOR.  Insert praise dance here.  After telling him about all the jobs that were in line to possibly book me, he said, you'll probably book 4 out of the 7.  By Friday, I had booked 4 out of the 7.  Can you say JESUS!!

I have a busy two weeks ahead, and am even headed to Orlando for one of my shoots.  GOD worked that thing out, and I have a feeling, he's not quite finished.   If there was even more reason to believe in the power of GOD, start from the beginning of my blog and read to today and you can see how HE has continued to be Faithful, maybe even when I had a little doubt.  I'm not perfect, but I tell you I must be doing something right in my life.  That indeed, my heart is in the right place in EVERYTHING I do.

Also, remember this: "God's purpose is for us to be a means of blessing. When HE blesses us, it is not only for ourselves, but for all those around as well.  In that way, even our very presence becomes a blessing to others, for GOD will always watch out for us and take care of us.  He blesses with such abundance that we cannot help but for it to splash over onto others.  It is designed for their benefit as well as ours."

Until Next Time ... I look forward to sharing more of what GOD has in store for me and I pray that you receive all that HE has in store for you.  Proverbs 8:35 - For whoever finds me finds life,  And obtains favor from the Lord.


1 comment:

  1. Great post! Congratulations on the bookings! Wishing you many more ine 2012!

    ReplyDelete