Monday, November 21, 2011

On Target - Everything in GOD's Timing.

It's nearly 5 years since I quit my job to be a model full-time.  I can hardly believe the time that has gone by.  And quite frankly, according to industry standards, that I'm still doing it and have been quite successful.

I have a vision board, which by the way is probably needing some attention and updates.  And on that vision board I have all kinds of clients I want to work with, which some, I already have.  But there was one in particular that I've been wanting to book for a while now.  I've seen them a few times and when recently going back home, I came across one of my bibles and noticed I wrote in the back of it in June 2008 that I was going to a casting for this particular client and that I was going to book them.

Well as GOD would have it, I didn't book them that time and I didn't book them the other 2 times I saw them.  Well earlier this year I went on another casting for this client and shortly right after I was placed on hold (being considered) but yet again, I got released and didn't book the job.  So this past September, I got a call that this client was interested in booking me (again). Of course, the excitement is moving through my veins and the anticipation of hearing back from my agent was building.  But I remained calm and kept it moving with other auditions and life in general.

Well finally, I get the text, not even a call (I love my agent) that this time I BOOKED THEM!!!  You would have thought right away I would have been jumping up and down like a kid. But I think it was taking me a minute to process it.  But about 10 minutes later, ok maybe 5, LOL, I was jumping up and down like a fool.  I was headed out to Los Angeles to shoot for TARGET!!!

I did it! And GOD answers, "uhh like why wouldn't you. I got this!"  So this goes to show you that anything you want is possible.  Anything you desire, you can have, but you will not receive the glory until GOD feels you are ready to receive.  Accept that, keep it moving, keep shining, keep smiling "knowing you can always count on HIM, for sure ... that's what GOD is for." Did I just make a gospel song out of Dionne Warwicks, "That's What Friends Are For" ... LOL.

But seriously, GOD has your back yall.  You just have to trust and believe that.  Don't base someone else's life, goals, achievements, issues ... whatever ... on your life. Everyone's journey is different.  Something you want you may not get, but I guarantee what you will get, will be much bigger than you ever imagined.

I am rooting for you!!! Keep your eyes on the prize!  It took me 3 years to book Target.  But I never gave up.  In the mean time, GOD blessed me with some other amazing opportunities and I never looked back at what didn't happen.

Until Next Time ... Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! And I love your title! And now I'm encouraged that I'll get Target too!

    ReplyDelete