Thursday, May 19, 2011

DIRECTOR:GOD/STARRING:ME

Yesterday, I attended a wonderful event at Trinity Broadcasting Network.  A christian based network that delivers all kinds of inspirational programming.  Tonight's show was hosted by Pastor Dewey Friedel.  I knew that Hezekiah Walker would be performing but I had no idea that I would gain so much from this taping.

Each segment brought energy and a lot to think about.  There was Bishop David Evans from Bethany Baptist Church, Tim Chey, an award winning director and Devon Franklin, producer of the Karate Kid and Jumping the Broom. A perfect night for me to attend with two industry professionals in the house.  The most  memorable of the show was Devon for me.  A lot of what he touched on was so in tune with my journey and experiences. I really appreciated his testimony.

I haven't been to church in a good a little while.  I've streamed it a few times in the last few months and although the message can still touch me, attending church gives you a chance to fellowship.  More importantly, I have not been praying as much and putting aside quality time for GOD.  Which could be why the last two weeks have been totally dead. GOD always has a way of bringing us closer or back to him.  It can be subtle or a catastrophe ... either way HE knows how to get our attention.

A few years ago, I might have been totally going crazy about the lack of auditions and bookings I've had in the last two weeks.  I mean its been NOTHING. But over the years my FAITH has grown into a house of bricks you can try to huff and puff and blow down and well, its not budging.

This down time has actually allowed me to be productive in a lot of other ways and has given me opportunities to be in places that may open up doors to help further my career.  It's been amazing really. But more importantly, yesterday's show pointed out all to well, how when things are going good that we can lose site of why they are.  While my FAITH isn't in jeopardy, my lack of commitment to time with GOD could jeopardize the rest of my life's journey.

I owe all praises to GOD for giving me everything.  HE has produced the FAITH I have to continue through whatever ... the good, the bad, the crazy, the happy, the mess ...  I am more than just a model or an actress, a sister, daughter or friend.  I am a child of GOD that should be demonstrating everyday that HE is worth my time, my love and sacrifice.  Doesn't HE do that for me?

HE DIRECTS every scene of my life.  I should be in HIS word, speaking and living it so that my STAR  continues to shine through EVERY season.

Until Next Time ... Continue to give GOD the praise and the glory, forever and ever.  Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I love the blog MO MO...keep it going. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta pray everyday all day and look for the God in everything, girl. You know better ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and I'm so bummed I didnt attend, I shouldve put it in my calendar when Chris mentioned it. I kicked myself in the butt for about five minutes last night. lol

    ReplyDelete