Thursday, April 21, 2011

FAITH State of Mind

I started to name this entry New York State of Mind. I book jobs that can take me anywhere in the country but my dream has taken shape here.  But not everyone's course in life will bring them to the Big Apple.  Your leap of FAITH can start or take you any place really.

Sometimes when I'm headed to an audition, a meeting or just hanging out with friends, I can't believe I'm here.  It's amazing to me that I quit my job four years ago to pursue a professional career as a model and actress and HOST. ;) I actually did that?  WOW!

It is truly a blessing how far I've come, how much I've accomplished and the number of amazing experiences I've been able to be a part of.  I've met so many incredible people that have really helped shape this journey, my career goals and my heart.  I've had tremendous support from family, friends and people I barely know.  That all says alot about my decision to make this career transition ... and that it was the right move.

New York, if you can make here, you can make it anywhere.  Those words resonate everytime I book a job I thought only a dream. Everytime I take advantage of an opportunity I may not have had had I stayed in Maryland and at my same job or everytime I see myself on a shelf, a billboard or in a window.  It's a bit crazy to see myself in ad.  All I can do is smile and thank GOD.

I still have alot I want to do.  But just because I'm not a household name doesn't discount the success I've had in this business.  The people who should know me, will know me.  The jobs I should book, I will.  I try not to get caught up in why I didn't book a certain client. It seems to always come back around.  The fact that I was requested and seen is a big step.

My FAITH, which started this journey, has kept me from quitting and has encouraged me to continue on.  My life may not be what I want it to be but its more important that it's what GOD wants it to be.  I'm not here to be a Tyra, a Shaun (Access Hollywood) or a Queen Latifah, but they all have inspired my goals.

I'm Monique Pridgeon.  A star in my own right.  A young lady who stepped out on FAITH to pursue a dream, an aspiration, a goal ... my destiny.

Whatever it is you want to do in life, DO IT!  I can't stress that sentiment enough. Utilize your FAITH to get the ball rolling.  Wherever you are, START.  How committed, motivated and most definitely how passionate you are, will determine how FAITHFUL you are to just doing what your heart desires.  To rely on your FAITH is to rely on GOD. Believe in yourself and trust in HIM.

Until next time ... get into a FAITH STATE OF MIND.

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! Mo keep your mind on God because he is the reason and may he continue to bless and keep you throughout your journey. Stay uplifted and keep doing your thing. You are an inspiration!
    Love you!
    JJ

    ReplyDelete