Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Starting From Scratch

Unmotivated. Stagnant. Lazy. Settled. Angry. Disappointed. Happy. Pleased. Satisfied. Motivated. Relieved. Honored. All these emotions, and probably a few others I've left out,  have all consumed me in the last four months.  As you see I haven't been consistent.  Circumstances surrounding my career have caused them all.  As I mentioned in my last blog, I've pretty much been the HOLD queen for about 8 jobs.  Been released for them all.  How frustrating is that?

I just feel at this level in my career the bookings should be more consistent.  But am I doing what's necessary so that it is.  I've experienced "A" level of success but am I at "THE" level to proceed onto bigger and better.  Without much contemplation, I realize, that I haven't.  Yes I've put in some work, but it doesn't stop once I've booked a few national commercials or print ads.  Sometimes you have to go back and remember the dedication, sacrifice and passion it took before you started getting those jobs to keep you rising to the top.  

We can get so comfortable and tied up in what's happening now, that what's happening now turns into what was happening then and you wind up feeling like somewhat of a failure.  Not cool. Of course I'm not a failure but if I fail to let my own inconsistencies get in the way of progressing my career or in life for that matter, than I will continue to spiral down into this whirlwind of insecurity and doubt that is absolutely not a good look if I want to continue with a rewarding career.

I must admit though, down time does give you the opportunity to see the areas you need to work on. Where you need to step your game up and be more about your business. It definitely humbles me.  No one successful, no matter what their profession made it by getting comfortable.

So I'm gathering my tools.  Mixing up a new batch of energy, self-love, determination, sacrifice, dedication, heart and prayer so that I may continue to RISE UP!


UNTIL Next Time ... remember what it took to get you to where you are!  It may help you get to where you want to be.

1 comment:

  1. I am re-learning this lesson all over again as well. There will always be something new to learn, there will always be more work to get done, and you will always have to push yourself continually beyond your boundaries to get results. It can get exhausting at moments, but it's a nice reminder that complacency doesn't get anybody anywhere. Keep on truckin', lady! Break legs and have a fantastic time working from the heart.

    ReplyDelete