Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stand or WALK for Something

As I get older, I realize the importance of giving back.  Whether its to family and friends, or to a complete stranger, the feeling of helping someone just because or for a cause, brings me in closer presence with GOD and HIS purpose for us here on earth.

I've encouraged others through conversations or a card. I've given away tons of clothing that were too small or I haven't even worn. I've helped clean houses, served the homeless and prayed for others.  But my mission seems to go a lot farther than that.  Or maybe its just doing 'more' of it.

In 3 days I'll be participating in the MS Walk in Washington DC.  I'll be walking in honor of two friends with the disease as well as for others affected by Multiple Sclerosis.  One friend has had it for 14 years now and she's doing unbelievably well. She has been able to manage the disease without prescribed medicines.  However, the disease affects everyone differently.

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society raises money every year to continually provide treatment and hopefully, one day find a cure!

We only started 3 weeks ago to try and raise funds and our goal was small because we wanted to be realistic about starting kind of late.  However, we have tripled our goal and are still working to raise money up until the walk on Saturday.  I am so excited and thrilled about being a part of this movement.

I've never done anything like this before but this experience, thus far, shows me the impact I can have on others to stand for something.  To show others that I don't mind giving of my time, energy or even money to support them during life changing experiences.   I'm just one person of many but we all should find the time to walk, fight, dance, run, donate ... make a difference in someone's life.

Until Next Time ... In the midst of pursuing your dreams, having families, partying, vacationing ... just living ... find time to make life count, not just for you, but for others too.

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but get excited when I see God moving in ur life. He is convicting ur spirit and requiring so much more of you.. You are in a mighty preparation for amazing things lady and I'm praying ur strength all the way. SMH, God is something else.. Isn't it crazy how he gives us more hours in a day when we realize his plans are greater than ours ;-) check out "no gray" the artist is jonathoan mcreynolds ttys

    ReplyDelete