Monday, December 12, 2011

Comment With Care

BLOG - online diary or personal journal    
COMMENT - casual remark
OPINION - belief or judgement

Although I'm aware that it may happen and its easy for a person reading a blog to generalize, form an opinion or even take what one says personal, this blog is about ME and situations I face or have gone through.  It is a tool for me to release and obviously, share, my thoughts.

Yes, it is in a public forum but it is intended to be a way for ME to get through situations and let them go. Its really sort of therapeutic. I also have a degree in journalism so writing is true to my heart.  And because of that education and being a creative being, I'm usually pretty visual in detail with my entries.   I paint a picture for the reader, pull them in and help them relate to what I'm dealing with.  Although visual and in detail, I use discretion as I never put anyone's name out there or any other detail that may be specific in identifying who a person may be ... if the situation involves other people.  And from my entries some, if not all,  have involved other people.

Honestly, GOD has given me the gift of LETTING GO. I've  never been that girl to hold grudges, even if what was done to me was far beyond what people could even think of forgiving.  It doesn't mean that person will be in my life the same as before, but at least I'm free of what that person did to me.  We all make mistakes.  Some more costly than others.

Even still, I don't use my blog to downplay anyone. Sometimes I may speak to a situation that did not sit well with me. It doesn't mean that that person is a bad person or I am talking bad about them.  I'm just calling it how I see it.  And sometimes, we see it differently. Its called agree to disagree.

All of my situations can apply to anyone reading it.  We all go though the same or similar situations. I'm not a doctor, psychiatrist, pastor or judge.  I'm not mean spirited, a hater or possessed during my writings.  More than likely its a situation that has been addressed and what you guys read is where I have landed in my decision to let it go and fly into the universe.

I'm not perfect, free from error or fault.  I'm a human being with feelings trying to get through life just like the next person.  There is no right or wrong in these entries because these are my feelings.  I can chose how I want to express them as long as my intent is positive.

Despite how it may make one feel when reading my entries, the true essence of my writings is initially for my benefit.  If it helps others than that is a blessing.  But my blog is in no way to preach, counsel, judge, offend or be the answer.  My blog is not an article or column that requires the opinion of others.  (Sidenote: There is two-sides to every story.) I'm not running for office, trying to be popular, or gain acceptance from everybody. What I present is not always the entire story, as you guys would be reading for hours. But can be the piece of the story that got me to the point in which I needed or wanted to express my feelings so that I can move forward.

A couple of years of ago I decided to create this blog to help me as I was starting to embark on a new career, and as my career and life progressed, I started sharing experiences outside of my career journey because ALL our experiences help shape us. I've gotten positive emails and comments about my blog, from people I don't even know.  From different countries and continents. Its feels good to know that I am not alone in the situations I face.  Or that somehow I can be a voice for or to someone.

I didn't decide to put my stories out there to be judged, condemned, critiqued or assessed.  And although I'm aware that all the above may happen, doesn't mean its necessary or even conducive to helping me along in my process.  But everyone has a right to their opinion. But what they don't have a right to is to force their opinion on me.  There is a level of respect given to a person who can respect another's feelings without it causing unnecessary drama.

My intent is always to be positive. Some situations may have upset or disappointed me but I work hard to not let those situations take me to a place that draws me away from GOD. We all have a breaking point, and having a breaking point doesn't mean you have to lose control.  It just means you have had enough and now you have to move on, from, or away from a situation, relationship, friendship, job, etc that is not in the best interest for your life.  And that's OK. No one should try to make you feel guilty, remorseful or bad about a decision that you feel is right for your life.  Situations, Challenges, Lessons, Getting It, Moving On and Letting Go  ... is a part of everyones life.

And that's not being negative.  That's being honest. And if I cant be honest about how I do move forward than I hurt myself and those I continue to be around who have hurt or disappointed me. I can't please everyone and everyone may not like what I say, but I have a right to say how I feel without it being turned around into something demeaning or negative, especially when I have communicated that this in my writing.  I can dare to speak positively about every situation I face.

My blog, my feelings, my actions isn't something I need to justify but only to GOD. I only need to apply the lessons learned in the experience and move on with grace and peace.  And I do because HE is.

Until Next Time ... if you take time to stop by and read my blog, subscribe to it, or any blog for that matter, take it for what it's worth as it applies to your life, or not ... don't pick it apart.  Instead of judging, capture the entire essence of what was written, process it, if you must, sleep on it, if it affected you that much, pray about it even, and pray that person success with dealing and moving on from that experience. We're all trying to make it through this game called LIFE. Everyone has a different way of playing the cards they've been dealt.  It is not up to anybody to tell you how you should play your hand.

Thanks so much to all of you who take the time to read my blog. If it has helped you in any way, that is truly divine intervention.  If you don't like what you read, then please, with love and grace, just don't read it.  Everything is not for everybody.  Interpretation is everything. If you interpret negative, that's exactly what you get.

Peace, Love and God's Blessings for you all.  I'm rooting you even if you ain't rooting for me ... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment